Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

We had a great memorial day. We started it out with a hike. We hiked up a place called Adam's Canyon it is a very pretty hike, and the best part is we can walk to the trail head from our house. it is a 3.5 mile hike and should only take 2 hours round trip but it took us 4 long hours because we took kids and i carried the baby the whole time. Plus there were a ton of people so we had to stop on the hard and narrow parts to let people pass but it was worth it, there is a 40 foot water fall at the top and we got to stand in the spray from the falls and cool down before we headed back home. Here are just a few pictures from the hike. After that we went to my Dad's for a BBQ and had lots of fun there. Then we went to my brother Brandon's and his wife Valee's house for a quick visit with them and Jared's little brother and wife and baby. Then we came home and the boys crashed they were so tired from the long day.

Just getting started
Parker had to take a little pit stop.
I love you Parker
When Benson was awake he loved to look around.
We made it to the top!!!! The boys did a great job on the hike. It is a hard hike for little kids. Parker was the first one up to the top and the first one back to the bottom.

Benson and my Dad and Milo on my Dad's lap.
saying goodbye.

4 comments:

allison garcia said...

My husband went up there a couple weeks ago. I had to stay home and watch the kids. Well actually, I had just gotten home from a spin class and I wasn't about to go on a hike too. So anyway, he went with some neighbors and thought it was really cool. Little Benson is getting so big and cute!

Cuter said...

Those pictures are so cute. I kinda wished I came (but left Kairi with Lehi.) I dont think I could of made it up there carrying her.

Mandy sue said...

That's awesome! We went on a hike for memorial day too. It was only a 1.5 mile hike (which was plenty for my gimpy little body)and the river that was supposed to be flowing was dry and therefore the pools that we were planning to swim in were stagnant and gross. So it didn't go as planned but it was still fun.

The Morton's said...

I love how family oriented you are!

The Mattson 4

The Mattson 4